Luxury Chandeliers is a proud official distributor for Elstead Lighting. We offer Elstead Lighting’s strong line of products to sell at competitive prices to customers in the UK. Elstead Lighting has become a British household brand name where they specialize in both manufacturing and distribution of decorative lighting. They manage more than 17,000 square members of warehousing and has a staff count of over 100 employees world wide.
Elstead Lighting offers both indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures and offers a range of styles that include both traditional/classical influences as well as rustic/industrial and modern options. Having a large range of lighting fixtures that are manufactured locally in the United Kingdom is something to be very proud of – many of their products are made in Alton, Hampshire. Elstead Lighting’s manufacturing processes involve traditional welding techniques and undergo stringent quality tests before they are made available to us distributors.
Surely if you do a search for reviews on Elstead Lighting fixtures you will find that a very large majority of the reviews are glowingly positive. We at Luxury Chandeliers are very proud to be one of their Official Distributors, and beyond that we hyper specialize in offering their entire range of Chandeliers and Pendants.
The Elstead Lighting Story
- Elstead Lighting was originally trading under the name of The Elstead Forge, founded back in 1686 in Elstead, Surrey, U.K.
- In 1967 the forge was taken over by Geoffrey Lucas and for that period of time focused on iron work products such as gates, railings, fire baskets and hearth accessories.
- The lighting fixtures proved popular and the forge started to specialize and create more stylish ranges of lighting fixtures.
- In the 1970s and 1980s the forge grew in sales and moved to a new factory in Mill Lane Industrial Estate, in Alton, Hampshire, U.K.
- In 1984 the company expanded into a new factory on Mill Lane and continued to specialize in lighting fixtures. The company renamed itself into what is today known as Elstead Lighting Ltd.
- In July 1990, Geoffrey Lucas retired from Elstead Lighting and Jonathan Lucas took over to become co-director along side his father Stephen Lucas.
- In the early 2000s, Elstead Lighting moved into a much larger showroom and is now known as their present official location, Elstead House.
- Jonathan Lucas became the sole Managing Director as Stephen Lucas retired by 2008.
- Elstead Lighting went global in 2012 when they signed with other North American brands. (Feiss Lighting, Hinkley Lighting, Quoizel Lighting and Flambeau Lighting)
- In 2013, Elstead House underwent an extension into a 9000sqft showroom. Their showroom now exhibits an impressive 2500 products – Surely one of the largest showrooms of decorative lighting fixtures in the whole U.K.
Elstead Lighting Then And Now